Power Purl Girl

A Singleton's Adventures in Knitting, Love & Life

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

2013!

2012 was, well, The Year of Suck. I can't pinpoint one particular thing (well, yes, breaking my wrist was possibly the worst of it) but it was decidedly not a Stellar Year.
This will be a Stellar Year. I command it.

I don't make resolutions. Likewise I rarely give up anything for Lent. The pressure is always too much and I obsess over the many ways I fail at my resolutions, or cheating on Lent. It's a vicious cycle because I beat myself up over these silly things.

2013 is going to be my Year of Me. By that, I mean I am going to focus on finding/returning to the little things that make me happy. Part of that is going to be re-learning how to have a work-life balance, because right now I feel like I only have a worklife, and that's no kind of life at all. I had a major change in my career and basically took a leap of faith into a completely unknown world with a trusted business partner.We bought an existing business. It seemed like the Best Idea Ever.

Stupidest. Thing. Ever.

We're in over our heads, and both not loving what we got ourselves into, therefore we're not always kind or respectful when talking to each other.Oh, and did I mention the broken wrist over the summer? That didn't help in any way, shape or form*. It's simply not what we expected or wanted.  I don't want to make this a pity party but honestly it feels good to finally put this into words. I realize that I am very lucky. I have employment. I have a paycheck. Technically I am my own boss but the hours we work each week to stay afloat sometimes feel overwhelming and exhausting.

So my first goal for 2013 is to buy a Piloxing tape. I just saw someone on HLN interviewing the creator of this exercisey thing and it looks awesome.

Baby steps.

Happy New Year, y'all! 

*My wrist has healed perfectly. It was a bad break, as in my orthopedic surgeon--who happened to be the husband of one of my Besties-- looked at the x-rays and said "How did you do this? We only see these breaks in textbooks. Not real life." So, yay me! I think that makes me the Valedictorian of Breaking Wrists! He took great care of me; if you are in Central AR and need the name of a fab ortho, send me a note. I give him two thumbs up, and considering I truly couldn't move one thumb at the time, that's saying something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home